BA, Brigham Young University, cum laude
Masters, University of Wisconsin-Madison
J.D., University of Chicago Law School
Daniel H. Stewart is a partner with Hutchison & Steffen, where he leads the Firm’s Election, Campaign, and Political Law practice. Daniel is also a member of the Firm’s strong Administrative Law practice, which represents clients before government agencies, boards, and commissions. Whether in the courtroom or before a government entity, Daniel has significant experience helping clients successfully navigate a wide range of complex legal issues.
A native Nevadan, Daniel began his law practice with a well-regarded Nevada law firm and expanded his practice with a major national law firm in the areas of civil and constitutional litigation, administrative law, and corporate law. Later, he joined one of the nation’s premier political consulting firms as in-house counsel and represented clients at the state and federal level.
Prior to joining Hutchison & Steffen, Daniel served on Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval’s senior staff as general counsel and as the Governor’s liaison to numerous executive branch agencies and departments. Before his time as Governor Sandoval's chief counsel, Daniel represented many of Nevada’s elected leaders, including the Governor, U.S. Senator, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, and Nevada Republican Senate and Assembly Caucuses. He also served both the Speaker of the Assembly and the Majority Leader as general counsel and chief policy advisor. Additionally, Daniel represented two presidential campaigns in Nevada as lead counsel.
Daniel has outstanding academic achievements and a wealth of professional experience. He graduated cum laude from Brigham Young University with a BA in History. Daniel received a Masters in History from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He then graduated from the prestigious University of Chicago Law School in 2008.
When not working, Daniel enjoys spending time with his wife and their three children, studying constitutional history and law, collecting and reading books in all genres, traveling, and following UNLV sports.
- Nevada State Courts
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Civic and Professional Activities
- Commissioner on the Colorado River Commission
- Board Member for the Technical Advisory Committee to Develop a Plan to Reorganize the Clark County School District – Governor’s Appointee
- Executive Director of the Southern Nevada Association of Providers (“SNAP”): coalition of companies offering services to individuals with developmental disabilities
- Selected as “Rising Star” in Government Relations for 2013-2017 Mountain States Super Lawyers.
- Named as one of the “Legal Elite” 2009, 2010, and 2013 in Nevada Business magazine.
- Named as a best “Up and Coming Attorney” 2009, 2010, and 2013 in Nevada Business magazine.