Cynthia G. Milanowski is an associate attorney of the Firm. Cynthia practices primarily in the areas of business and commercial litigation, tort litigation and insurance defense.
Cynthia is from Whittier, California. She graduated in 1985 from Loyola Marymount University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. In 1989, Cynthia received her J.D. from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles and was named to the St. Thomas More Law Honor Society. While at Loyola Law School, Cynthia served as a staff writer and Articles Editor for the International and Comparative Law Journal and was awarded the Dean’s Academic scholarship, the Jesuit Community scholarship and the Fletcher Jones and Mabel Wilson scholarships.
Following her graduation from Loyola Law School, Cynthia practiced for the international law firm of Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker. Cynthia continued her legal practice in California at several other small firms before deciding to re-locate to Las Vegas in 1994. After re-locating to Las Vegas, Cynthia continued her practice in the areas of business and commercial litigation as well as insurance defense until 2001. In 2001, Cynthia decided to take a hiatus from the practice of law to spend valuable time with her two daughters. Cynthia returned to the practice of law in 2008 and continues to practice in the areas of business and commercial litigation as well as insurance defense. Cynthia is admitted to practice and has litigated cases in both federal and state court in Nevada and California. She is also admitted to the State Bar of Colorado.
When not working, Cynthia is dedicated to spending time with her two young daughters and providing them with a safe and happy home. She is involved in her children’s school and extracurricular activities. Cynthia and her girls enjoy spending time with family and friends in Southern California as often as possible. She also enjoys sports, photography, traveling – when time allows – and reading a good book.
- Involved in successfully negotiating favorable settlement for clients in matter involving breach of contract claims and tort claims related to a business dissolution matter.
- Involved in successfully negotiating resolution of matter for clients regarding claims related to issuance of commercial insurance policy.
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlement for client involving claims alleged against financial advisor and related entities for fraud and breach of contract.
- Participated in settlement negotiations that ultimately lead to resolution of matter on behalf of client of all claims related to the termination of a medical service equipment agreement.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for client for breach of contract claims against medical provider based on allegations of fraudulent claim submissions.
- Responsible for matter resulting in client successfully resolving all claims against school and municipality based on allegations of state and federal civil rights violations.
- Primarily responsible for the resolution of multiple matters on behalf on major hotel client relating to various guest related incidents.
- Responsible for favorably resolving federal civil action for breach of contract and fraud alleged against clients as a result stock purchase/sale agreement.
- Assisted in favorable resolution of wrongful death action prior to the commencement of jury trial.
- Assisted in favorable mediation of civil action involving claims for negligent hiring and negligent retention.
- Assisted in resolution of civil action involving claims of accounting malpractice.
- Nevada State Courts
- California State Courts
- Colorado State Courts
- U.S. District Court of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
Civic and Professional Activities
- Certified Parent Volunteer, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School
- Member of St. Thomas Moore Law Honor Society